Thursday, January 9, 2014

2013 What a year!

As with everyone at the moment all running around recovering from all the excess food and drink at Christmas I have been slow to update the blog here as I have been shooting so much and trying to catch up on my domestic duties! (The christmas tree is still up and annoying the hell out of me now!)
2013 was a mixed bag of fabulous hen parties, sassy boudoir shoots, some baby shoots and a few promo shootswith the lovely Sile Seoige, Shahira Barry and  Danny dowling to name a few.  I partook in 2 shoots myself ; a large dose of my own medicine but it was great fun. I have to say I enjoyed being pampered and having a few nice pics to show the grandkids when it all goes south! (Steampunk with Sean Mc Cormack, makeup by Theresa Danaher of Makeup Flair)
 and Pin-up with Jenn M - Square shooting in Vegas Makeup was by Lynn Vaseck )
Its lovely what a spot of retouching can do do to make you look your very best ! ( I am a fan)
 I also managed to find the time to renew vows with my hubby of nearly 16 years in a cute and naff ceremony in Vegas... cheesy music and all.
On a sadder note we lost an amazing friend of 15 years just before christmas which was a huge wakeup call to how fragile life is really and how we should appreciate every moment. Whats more we can also appreciate all the memories that photographs capture whether happy or sad. Our own life diary.
Christmas can be such a hard time for people on so many levels. We all run around trying to have everything perfect but at the end of the day none of it matters without the ones you love.  We ended up with great intentions to shoot a nice family portrait but amongst the chaos and cooking of turkey etc I ended up just staying in my 'leopard onesie' all day long and the kids in their PJ's instead of the fancy dresses I had planned. We ended up with the quickest remote pic ever ! Oh well - dinner was lovely and  I guess we will have a giggle at that family shot for sometime!


 Pic with My Brother, hubby, mum, brother in law, sis, godson and nephew and of course my two 'babies' who are growing up too fast! Happy New year everyone lets hope its a good one. x

2 comments:

  1. Love the onsie. That's your bro in the back? Never knew that we when worked in Cuba!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Artie i truly hope Vada is standing on a box....... your about to get passed out buddy .... Nat onsie or not you look fab

    ReplyDelete